lunes, 30 de enero de 2012

Post #1 - Introduction

Greetings humans. As of today, I will begin to share my thoughts and feelings with the outside world. I am creating this blog as part of my English class. I have never had a blog--but I always wanted to--so this should be a good start. I will be talking about my life and some of the teenage problems I have encountered throughout it. I hope other teenagers such as myself can relate and feel at home when reading my blog, so through it I can help them through the struggle that are the teenage years. (Which suck.)


Let's start at the beginning...My first year of high school.
Shure, you might think "She's in 9th grade, what problems could she have?" Of course maybe they were not life threatening situations, but they did have some sort of impact in my life. The most common problem at that age, and one of my most stressful situations were related to my Acne. Oh, how I despise that word. That word had a heavy impact on my self esteem--and not to mention my face. Luckily, I never had cysts or any other serious skin condition of that nature, but I did have zits in abundance. You could probably connect the dots on my face when I received "the monthly gift" which was when my faced transformed into a pizza. Naturally, at this age other students would tease me and make nasty comments which hurt me, but they didn't notice; and neither did I...until later in my life. I started becoming more aware of my appearance, and somewhat disgusted by it. I remember crying a few times in front of the mirror, frustrated at the fact that I had tried every single acne treatment and home remedy possible. I sometimes tried covering them with makeup, but that just led to more comments. "Oh don't worry honey, it's an age thing. They'll be gone before you know it". My mom kept repeating those same words over and over again, thinking they would make me feel better. It helped a little, but I didn't want moral support, I wanted a solution. After 1,000,000,000 visits to my dermatologist, last year they finally decided to give me a prescription for something that actually works. My mom hesitated a little when the dermatologist said they were pills instead of topical treatments, but obviously I convinced her. (I was willing to try anything at this point.) After one month of taking the prescription, I could finally see my face under all the pimples. It was the best feeling in the world to finally rid myself of that horrible curse. (Yes, it was that bad.) They still come back sometimes, but it is much less that it was in those days. I'm happy with my face now, and finding a solution to that problem has helped my social skills, and not to mention my self-esteem.



3 comentarios:

  1. Love it!! the page is super fun and young! I am very please with all the effort you are putting in my class and I can tell you have a great future ahead of you. Keep up the good work!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Very creative and colorful! Great job!

    ResponderEliminar