martes, 31 de enero de 2012

Post #2: Changing Tides

I've always tried to be the best person I can when it comes to friendships. It's such a delicate thing, a friendship...and yet It can be so harsh at times. Most of the time I don't notice the people closest to me are doing the most harm. I remember when I was in the the 7th grade...or maybe it was 8th...or maybe a little before. (Yes, I know I have the memory of a 70 year old woman) Either way, they were happy days. I had a best friend of course. I had many friends...Friends I could trust. We were all so innocent, and had no intentions of hurting each other. All this changed so quickly, through the course of a few years. I will refrain from mentioning any names; just to protect myself from wandering eyes and mouths. Whoever knows me well knows this story, and they know well that every time I speak of it--and now, well, write it-- it makes my eyes water.


The first character in the story I call life, we'll call "A." She was an odd one when I first met her, but I came to like her later on. We became best friends as fast as I can remember things... Which judging on how bad my memory is, was a long process. We eventually became really close, all three of us. When I say three, I mean "A", myself, and our second character who I will call "B." We were like the three musketeers wandering through life together. Every day it seemed we spent every second of the day together. There were a few more girls in our group, maybe two or three more, but none of them are worth mentioning. I thought I had found all the people I needed in my life...but was I wrong. Years passed and as more and more of my friends changed schools, eventually I was down to two, two true friends--or so I thought. As we grew up we started noticing how different we were. "A" was more like me, we could relate a little better. "B" on the other hand, was a grumpy, independent little girl, and she still is today. Naturally problems started to arise, which forced me to end the relationship with both "A" and "B". These problems were a bit more complicated than just plain gossiping. It involved my parents as well... I felt I had been lied to all these years. And to make matters worse, I was alone. A few months after all this, I found out "A" had moved away... to another country. Forever. At that moment I could only wish I had spent her last days in Puerto Rico with her. "B" is still roaming around the school and I sometimes have short, meaningless conversations with her...but nothing more. I remained alone until this year, having a very limited amount of shallow friendships. Somehow I survived, and I slowly developed two new friendships which I can only brag about. Come to think of it...Its my own fault. I can only blame myself for being so shy, and limiting myself a few years back from developing new friendships. I remember my mom said once not to do that...and guess what? I had to learn the hard way. 
After all, I'm a teenager right?

4 comentarios:

  1. Don't we all learn the hard way? I am enjoying your posts, they are really interesting. Keep on!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Friendships are rewarding but friends come and go, some stay some leave, new friends come to us and old friends remain or others lost contact with us. This is the process of life and human beings but It makes us who we are today. Great post!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. You know that you are one of my best Friends and I will always be with you no matter what Ok? OK? OK?

    ResponderEliminar
  4. We shure do! I'm glad you're enjoying them, I do the best I can :)
    Thanks Noelia! I learned that with this experience!
    Awww me too agatha, you crazy little girl.

    ResponderEliminar