miércoles, 1 de febrero de 2012

Post #3: Baby steps...Into the future

My Third post! Now my page looks like it's getting somewhere. Ok not really, but soon it will. 

So here's the thing...I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life. I'm REALLY tired of this subject but I noticed something today that might be the solution to my indecisiveness. All my life I have been followed by a horrible thing--an unspeakable dreadfulness--which I have never been able to understand. What is it, you ask? Well they call it Mathematics, and to me it's as complicated as it sounds. I fall into a pit of horrible, blistering darkness every time I have to answer a math question. I can't stand it. I've tried to understand it, and I've had multiple tutors which I used to change from time to time because they all grew tired and became frustrated at my slow understanding of the horrible subject. Luckily, I found one that works for me now and has moderate patience. Let's hope it lasts.

My mom has always wanted me to become a doctor. My cousins are doctors...my doctors are doctors...I don't need to be surrounded my more doctors, and much less become one. She just doesn't seem to understand that even if I wanted to, I see it quite impossible. I did consider medicine, and I came to the conclusion that if I was going to go down that road, I was going to be a Pathologist. That dream vanished when I learned that I had to study 13+ years, and obviously it takes A LOT of math. So then I thought "Hey, well I love working with computers and other technological stuff, why not become a computer engineer?" My last math test answered that question for me. All this went on for a while. I considered being an Architect, a Veterinarian, going into the NASA, and even the Air Force. All of these were somehow discarded for different reasons. My dad has always said I should consider something more on the creative side, like becoming a Journalist. I always told him that I found it boring...Until now. I've only written 3 posts, and I already can't wait for the days to pass, so I can write the next one. I enjoy writing about things that interest me, and being able to express myself freely. Maybe Journalism is the career for me, maybe it's not...but for now its a start. I'm still working on defining myself, and I'm glad I have this project to experiment on and practice. I feel I'm getting a little closer to my goal, and it's all thanks to this blog.




2 comentarios:

  1. I'm glad you are enjoying this process, it is really satisfying for us teachers to see this engagement in students! And you can be whatever you want in this life...you will see!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I really am! I love proyects like these. We get tired of tests, studiying all the time. I hope your right!

    ResponderEliminar