martes, 7 de febrero de 2012

Post #9: A Sudden Realization


I used to be quite the athlete if I may say so myself. Well, I may not have been the fastest runner in the world back in the day, but I was proud of myself. When I was going through "the awkward stage" which was around 7th or 8th grade, I used to run on the school's track team. I didn’t really have a category, since our team was really small and I had to run in races that concentrated both on speed, and resistance. I was significantly better in the resistance races rather than speed, since I'm not really that fast (My coach would differ). Most of the girls are always good at sports like volleyball or soccer, but I obviously had to be the awkward one that no matter how hard she tried could never be good at either. It doesn't matter anymore, but when I was younger it was kind of a big deal since all of my friends--and I mean A-L-L of them--played volleyball. It gets frustrating after a while to have to sit on the damn bench all the time.

Sadly, today I realized something that triggered that memory I just shared with you. In gym class, as we were suffering from one of our teacher’s famous “that’s going to hurt in the morning” exercises; I realized my stamina wasn't quite what it used to be. As the class went on, our teacher put us through a series of speed tests. After almost breaking my foot while running, (Because it’s no surprise that awkward me would trip while running and have to do the test again) I felt exhausted. I have always known I'm lazy, but I guess I had never really realized how lazy I was until today. Well, the truth is that if it weren’t for gym class I wouldn't exercise a day in my life. So today I decided that I’m going to wake up at five in the morning every day and run for an hour! Hah, I almost believed that myself. My “sleeping schedule” would never make this possible. I’m just going to start switching hands every time I want to change the channel so my arms are equally toned. Actually…That isn’t going to work either because I rarely watch TV…or change the channel. Oh well, I’ll just embrace being slow until I really need to start exercising when I’m older. 
Thank god for my high metabolism!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario